A Short History ...
In 1930 Harry and Mildred Goodro purchased a sawmill in East Middlebury, VT. The mill produced custom sawed lumber primarily used for furniture and Harry began sawing 2” x 2” hardwood squares used for making butter tubs.
In 1950, the retail building material business was started. Harry retired in 1969, leaving the business to his son Rodney and son-in-law’s Richard Perry and Wyman Thomas.
In 1983, another generation of Goodro offspring, brother and sister Mark and Cindy Thomas and long-time employee, Dennis Charron purchased the family business. Richard Miller came in as partner in 1985 and was until 2009.
In 2010, another chapter was written with long time employees Ron Warner and Tim Comes partnering with Mark and Cindy to manage the business, ensuring that Goodro Lumber Company will continue to successfully offer great customer service, quality materials, and lasting value.